The 2017 ISBHF World Ball Hockey Championships are taking place in Pardubice, Czech Republic (June 1-11, 2017) and the CBHA is currently accepting applications from individuals interested in taking on the role of Team Canada Head Coach and Assistant Coaches for both the Men’s and Women’s teams.
The CBHA and our National Programs have won more World Championships in the 19 year history of the ISBHF than any of the other great nations we compete against. Gold has been raised 9 times by our Men's and Women's programs and in 2017 Canada is looking for passionate Coaches to lead Team Canada to reclaim the top world spot once again.
If you love the sport, are looking for a huge challenge and want to be surrounded by players, coaches and staff hungry to represent the CBHA, Canada and the sport of Ball Hockey in the International arena, this challenge is for you.
Criteria of Applicants:
Applicants must be a good standing member of CBHA and its associations and have coached ball hockey teams and/or programs preferably for a minimum of 3 years with high level tournament and national experience. Knowledge of top level ball hockey players from coast to coast will be an important aspect of this position and should be noted in your application. Outside of ball hockey, any work experience in organizing and/or managing people will be a strong asset.
Coaches must be able to travel and be prepared to be away before, during and after the tournament dates. The coaches chosen must follow all “CBHA High Performance Program” guidelines, procedures and schedules put forward to the GM’s by the HP Adult Director and CBHA. If not followed, CBHA has the right to revoke the appointed position at any point during the planning prior to tournament travel.
* Applicants must be a member in good standing of the CBHA and its Members Associations
* Experience Coaching Elite athletes at High Level competitions such as Nationals and/or World events
* Completion of NCCP coaching levels would be an asset
* Head Coaches must be able to travel and be away before, during and after the World Championship dates
* Head Coaches will be expected to promote, support and adhere to the CBHA High Performance Core Values and Canadian Ball Hockey Foundations put forth by the Team Canada High Performance Director and Team Canada General Managers
Team Canada Head Coaches will be responsible for but not limited to:
* Develop and prepare practice and game plans and promote a “style of play” that follows CBHA Coaching Foundations
* Be available for Team Canada conference calls with High Performance Director, General Manager and Team Canada staff
* Provide feedback or scouting reports on players if required
* Provide pre-tournament guidance on training for players preparing to represent Canada at the World Championships.
* Organize Team Canada Assistant Coaches
* Participate in Team Fundraising initiatives
All resumes must be submitted via e-mail no later than Sunday, September 18, 2016 to:
Women’s Team Canada General Manager
Men’s Team Canada General Manager
Candidates selected for interviews will be contacted by telephone to arrange a date and time.
Thank you for your interest in Team Canada Ball Hockey!